Monday, August 21, 2006

When the past meets the future


Last night I watched as my son and my hubby, Phil, went through old pictures. Jacob has developed a sincere curiosity about his family. Specifically about those of us who are no longer here in person. It all started when he asked who Daddy's Pop Pop was (Pop Pop is my Dad for those of you who don't already know). Phil explained that his PopPop was actually called GrandDaddy and that he had died and was in heaven along with his Nana. That's when we decided to pull out the pictures.

I watched as my son delighted in the fact that he looked like Daddy when he was little and that Aunt Mandy was so much littler than Daddy was ... and my husband took a little walk down memory lane, saying hello to some loved ones that are sorely missed. It's one of those moments that you want to store up so that you can bring it out later and look at it again, turning it this way and that to see every endearing moment.

Thank you sweetie for giving our son his great-grandparents and giving me a treasured moment. Love you!

No comments: