Tuesday, November 20, 2007

What I'm Thankful For...

With Thanksgiving only 2 days away (and knowing I won't post again till next week) I thought I'd list the things I'm thankful for.

I have a hardworking, loving husband who helps me to remember that it's good for me to 'play' sometimes.
I have 2 of the smartest most talented kids in the world (and I'm only bragging a little bit) who daily make me laugh till my belly hurts and tear up from pride.
I have parents (both mine and my hubby's) who help in so many ways I cannot begin to count them all. Suffice it to say that I would be lost without their love and support.
I have siblings (by birth, by marriage, and by wishful thinking) that are fun to hang out with and are there with a shoulder when needed.
I have friends who drag my butt out of the house every so often so I don't become a complete social inept and who keep my deepest darkest secrets.
I have an interesting, if stressful, job that keeps my brain occupied and co-workers that I genuinely enjoy.

All that and not one thing was purchased...guess I actually do have my priorities in the right place.

Happy Thanksgiving to All!

3 comments:

Burbanmom said...

Great post, Jennifer! Hope you guys all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

- Erin

Heather Piper said...

Hope you had an awesome Thanksgiving, Jennifer! :-)

I ate all of Erin's leftover turkey and then when I bent over, everyone saw my plumber's crack because I had forgotten that I'd unbuttoned my jeans. (I think I made Erin's husband throw up a little bit because of it.)

Jennifer said...

LOL! Oh the picture I just had in my mind. So glad you had a wonderful T-day and that the long trek home wasn't too frought with 'are we there yets'.