Friday, November 09, 2007

Day Off

I took the day off yesterday. I've been feeling really crummy (ear aches, sinus headaches, etc) and decided I needed a break. I called out of work, put Jake on the bus, dropped Hannah at my Mom's and then curled up on the living room sofa.

Mom had given me an Amanda Quick book to help pass the time so for the 1st time in 5 years, I did nothing but read all day. I had forgotten how great it is to completely immerse yourself in a book. I actually read the entire book in one day.

...do you think it's too soon to call out again?

2 comments:

Burbanmom said...

OMG I am SO JEALOUS! I am on page 10 of the latest Annie Proulx an have been on that page for three weeks now. Can I call in on Monday and drop my kids off at your house?!?!?!

Jennifer said...

LOL! Wish I could help with that...this is when it pays to have MOM & DAD retired and close enough to babysit.